Monday, March 28, 2011

Roddick's ranking went down fast


After losing to Pablo Cuevas 6-4, 7-6 in his opening match in Miami, defending champion Andy Roddick could fall as far as No. 15 when the rankings are released after the tournament is finished. It would be the top American’s lowest ranking since 2002.

Roddick was having trouble breathing during the match and thinks he’s suffering from a bronchial infection. His coach, Larry Stefanki told FOXSports.com that he began to feel sick when he arrived in Miami, after losing to Richard Gasquet early at Indian Wells.

"I’ve had something for a little while, but I’m going to have it checked out when I get home," said Roddick. "I’ve had it dating back to Memphis [where he won the title] off and on. That’s a little too long, I think. It’s deep in the chest.

It’s not even so much nasally or throat or anything, it’s just when I laugh, I start sounding like a car trying to start."

Article by Matthew Cronin

My Comment : hang in there Roddick, you have my support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...