Sunday, August 29, 2010

Federer's Video : What do they think ?

FEDERER’S VIDEO: Roger Federer is not giving much away about how real that video is of him knocking a metal bottle off a man’s head with a serve—twice in a row. The clip has drawn more than 5 million views on YouTube. “I couldn’t believe the amount of hits I got,” Federer said Saturday.

“I’m happy, then, that so many people have seen it, liked it, and debated about it. I was shocked.” He said it took “one or two takes … five, 10 minutes, and that was it. It was at one of the shoots I did after Wimbledon in Zurich, and we had a fun time doing it.” Andy Murray, twice a runner-up to Federer in Grand Slam finals, was asked about the clip’s authenticity.

“You think it was real? Is that right?” Murray replied, smiling. Then Murray noted that he liked the video, before adding: “There’s not a chance it’s real, though.” Defending U.S. Open champion Kim Clijsters also was asked Saturday whether she thinks it’s legit.

“Let me just say that I would not hold that thing on my head even if it was Roger Federer,” Clijsters said. “There’s your answer.” HAPPY BIRTHDAY: Andy Roddick turns 28 on Monday, which happens to be Day 1 of the U.S. Open.

He won the hard-court Grand Slam tournament in 2003, but hasn’t added a second major title, losing in four finals. Asked Saturday about his sense of urgency when it comes to claiming another Grand Slam trophy as he gets older, the ninth-seeded Roddick said: “Well, it’s always there. Birthday or no birthday, you come in to try to win one. To be honest, I don’t think too much about age, number, whatever.

“I’ll play till I can, until I feel like I shouldn’t anymore,” Roddick continued. “But, you know, the urgency is always there.”

(Photo by Jaime L. Mikle/Getty Images)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...